Terms Of Service
PRISM Resource Group, Inc. aka CareerConnected.com aka CareerWizPro
Please read this page carefully.
Acceptance of Terms
PRG provides the website to you, subject to the following Terms of Service, which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
In consideration of your use of PRG, you agree to provide true and accurate information about yourself. PRG has the right to suspend or terminate your account if you provide false information, post harmful or threatening information about any individual, company, organization, or group.
Description Of Service
PRG provides access to a rich collection of resources, including an online community of connected people who create and post content, read, view, listen to, broadcast, edit, rate and share content with networks of other PRG users or via the Internet at-large, through a network of properties which may be accessed via the Internet (the "Service"). As a user of the Service, you understand and agree that the Service may also include advertisements that are necessary for PRG to provide the Service, and the Service may include certain communications from PRG, such as service announcements and administrative messages, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving such communications. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new PRG properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that PRG assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements.
PRG is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, you must be at least 13 years of age to access and view the Service. In addition, please be aware that PRG has created certain areas on the Service that contain adult or mature content. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and view such areas.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and/or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted via the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not PRG, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, broadcast, display, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. PRG does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
You affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize PRG to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Content to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and the TOS; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and the TOS.
PRG does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to such Content, you grant PRG a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, unlimited, and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, publicly perform and publicly display such Content via the Service or on any other PRG property.
PRG reserves the right to syndicate the Content submitted, posted, and/or displayed by you and to use that Content in connection with other services offered by PRG. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under the TOS. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete Content from the Service.
You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will PRG be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You also agree that, if you post Content containing adult themed material that is not suitable for minors, you will mark the Content as such. If your posted Content contains material that is adult themed and you do not mark it appropriately, PRG shall have the right to cancel your membership. Pornography and sexually explicit images and video are not permitted on PRG.
You acknowledge that PRG may or may not pre-screen Content, but that PRG and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, remove or move any Content that is available via the Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, PRG and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by PRG or submitted to PRG, including without limitation information in PRG Groups (see the definition in Section 7 below), and in all other parts of the Service.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that PRG may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PRG, its users and the public.
PRG also restricts the posting of overtly commercial articles on or via the Services. Overtly commercial articles is content the primary purpose of which is to sell a product or services or induces Members to enroll in a promotional or money-making enterprise that may or may not be legitimate in nature.
PRG reserves the right to review and remove any overtly commercial articles, at its sole discretion. Articles must provide legitimate informational and/or entertainment value for the community. Commercial videos are permitted if you own the copyright to the commercial and if the content otherwise falls within the Terms of Service. For those seeking to promote legitimate commercial offers to the PRG community, please contact our ad sales department advertising@CareerConnected.com.
PRG often allows Content to be posted that contains a link to free goods or services. We typically allow those to remain on the site within "Freebie" groups if this Content is not self-promoting. PRG always reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove all types of Content from the Service.
License and warrant your submissions
You do not have to submit anything to us, but if you choose to submit something (including any User generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and data), you must grant, and you actually grant by concluding this Agreement, a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicensable, fully paid up and royaltyfree right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, and use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, anything that you submit to us, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. By submitting any information to us, you represent and warrant that such submission is accurate, is not confidential, and is not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. You further agree to inform PRG in the event that any such information has changed since your registration with PRG and, if appropriate, you agree to make such modifications yourself to your profile.
Prior to joining PRG, you must consider and decide, yourself, the extent to which you wish to reveal information about yourself to the large community of PRG Users and to PRG and you must not communicate to PRG and its Users any information the dissemination of which could be harmful to you.
Member Account, Password, and Security
You will provide a password and account designation during the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account. PRG will not be liable for any damage arising from failure to comply with this.
You understand that all information and content which you post are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not PRG, are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email, transmit, or make available through PRG.
You agree not to use PRG to: upload, post, email, transmit, or make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; impersonate any person or entity; upload, post, email, or make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, including individuals, groups, organizations, companies, or any other entity; upload, post, email, or make available any content that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation; collect or store personal data about any other PRG user; You acknowledge that PRG does not pre-screen content.
PRG has the right to remove any content that is in violation of these terms of service.
Links PRG may provide links to other World Wide Web sites or resources.
Because PRG has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that PRG is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse other materials from such sites.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that PRG shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damage for loss of profits, goodwill, or any other situation.
By joining PRG, you acknowledge that you are not a PRG employee.
No material of any kind, including any text, quotations, comments, or anything else posted on this website from either PRG members or PRG administrators can be duplicated, copied, plagarized, etc. The information on PRG is the property of PRG.
PRG may include various forums, blogs and chat rooms where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. PRG cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service.PRG AND THE PRG AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A MEMBER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY FORUMS, BLOGS AND CHAT ROOMS.
User DOs & DON’Ts
- comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, tax laws, export control laws and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- review and comply with notices sent by PRG concerning PRG;
- duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, re-brand, otherwise transfer or commercially exploit PRG (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in the User Agreement;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide PRG, or any part thereof;
- include information in your profile or in Status Updates which reveals your identity such as an email address, phone number or address or is confidential in nature;
- utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from PRG to provide any service that is competitive, in PRG’s sole discretion, with PRG;
- imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by PRG unless you have entered in to a written agreement with PRG Corporation (this includes representing yourself as an accredited PRG trainer if you have not been certified by PRG as such);
- adapt, modify or create derivative works based on PRG or technology underlying the Services, or other Users’ content, in whole or part;
- rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to PRG or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. including a link to a PRG web page other than PRG’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by PRG or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on PRG;
- access, reload or “refresh” or make any other request to transactional servers more than once during any three second interval;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the site;
- use automated methods to add contacts, send messages or other permitted activities;
- access, via automated or manual means or processes, PRG for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of PRG’s website;
- attempt to or actually access PRG by any means other than through the interface provided by PRG;
- attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying PRG;
- engage in any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on PRG, including those of both PRG or any of its licensors;
- remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included as part of PRG;
- use any information obtained from PRG to harass, abuse or harm another person;
- collect, use or transfer any information, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from PRG except as expressly permitted in the User Agreement or the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- interfere with or disrupt PRG, including but not limited to any servers or networks connected to PRG, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the PRG;
- invite people with whom you have no prior relationship to join your network;
- upload a cartoon, symbol, drawing or any content other than a photograph of yourself in your profile photo;
- use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on PRG;
- infringe or use PRG’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “PRG” in any business name, email, or URL or including PRG’s trademarks and logos on any website without authorization;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make
available or initiate any content that:
- falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- includes telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by PRG;
- includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using PRG invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using PRG to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of PRG or any User of PRG;
- forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
- adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field).
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network which seeks to implement practices which are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to the purposes of creating a network thereof or other similar practices;
Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement
Each User grants PRG a license to use the content supplied by each such User for the purposes of disclosure on the PRG website.
This license includes, inter alia, the right for PRG to reproduce, represent, adapt, translate, digitize, use for advertising purposes, whether commercial or non-commercial, to sublicense or to transfer the content concerning each User (including information, pictures, descriptions, search criteria, etc.) over all or part of the Services and/or in any mailings of PRG and in general through any electronic communication media (email, SMS, MMS, WAP, Internet, CD Rom or DVD).
Each User expressly authorizes PRG to modify said content in order to conform to the interface or display requirements of the Services or of other communications media as set forth above, and/or to render them compatible with its technical performance or media format in question. These rights are granted throughout the world and for the entire term of this Agreement. The User is prohibited from copying, reproducing or otherwise using the content relating to other Users of PRG for any purpose other than for those purposes strictly related to use of the PRG services for personal purposes.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, PRG Corporation has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide PRG Corporation’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
PRG Corporation’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: by e-mail at abuse@PRG.com or by mail at:
PRISM Resource Group
125-28 Queens Boulevard Suite 252
Kew Gardens, NY 11415
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through
- PRG Corporation may remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- PRG Corporation may forward the written notification to such alleged infringer; and
- PRG Corporation may take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If the alleged infringer believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with PRG Corporation’s Copyright Agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the PRG Corporation’s Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which PRG Corporation may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- PRG Corporation may promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
- PRG Corporation may inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
- PRG Corporation may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided PRG Corporation’s Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on PRG Corporation’s network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
You agree to indemnify and hold, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.