CareerConnected.com

Welcome To CareerCafe Forum...  

Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips...

eDevMan

• Total Posts : 67
  • Scores: 3
  • Reward points : 0
Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:35 AM ( #1 )
This section of the career discussion forum is dedicated to compile and share feed back from users and visitors on our career tools which support:
  • Career changes
  • Job transitions
  • Resume advise
  • Free Online Resume Builders and Job Board apps
  • Employer Career Sites and Contact Management Tools
  • Employer Directories and Top Contacts
  • Recruiter Directories and Resume Distribution
  • Interview tips
  • Example cover letters
  • Career planning and skills assessment apps

Here users can share their experiences and know-how on how to use our apps, find unpublished jobs and hidden career opportunities, and fast track their careers.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences with our users and visitors...

<message edited by eDevMan on Sunday, January 18, 2015 6:29 PM>
Workaholic

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 6
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Friday, January 16, 2015 8:11 PM ( #2 )
- [This post was marked as helpful]
I'm loving CareerWizPro because it puts me in touch with professionals in my industry that are serious about advancing their career. There's a lot of opportunity for me to get first crack at job openings that haven't even been advertised yet. Not only that, I have access to much more data about my employer. Sometimes I can speak to the person leaving that position and be fully prepared for the interview. I've been able to turn the tables more and make it a "Why should I work for you?" interview. I feel more prepared than ever before and more able to wait for the perfect position to come to me. I've been able to pass on positions where they just weren't willing to step up to the plate. I'm confident I'll move up in my career and find a position suited for me and a company that deserves me!  
<message edited by Workaholic on Monday, January 19, 2015 10:49 AM>
CareerNow

• Scores: 1
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:21 AM ( #3 )
When looking into a potential professional network, the first thing I seek is immediate value. Well, I stumbled upon that very quickly at CareerConnected.com – and thankfully so. Some of these career management sites go on and on about how they benefit you, but often take too long to prove it. In just a few clicks, I was looking at a list of the “Best 100 Employers” and “Top IT Employers”, which was right up my alley. I was provided with a list of company names, along with the city and state they reside in. What more could I ask for?
topwriting1010

• Scores: 2
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:30 AM ( #4 )
Having recently been laid off from my job, I didn't know where to start. I had been with my former employer for over 10 years and, quite frankly, I had grown a bit complacent in terms of networking. I figured that my long-tenure with the company and solid education background would mean that I would be able to find a new job quite easily. I was wrong. Going through basic online job search sites was leaving me only with options that I was either overqualified for or were a big downgrade from what I was used to. Thankfully, a friend of mine recommended this site, CareerConnected.com, and I figured I'd give it a shot. First off, let me just say that the one thing that was immediately evident after the easy sign up process was that this site understands the value of networking. Shortly after becoming a member, I was able to join a community of like-minded individuals that allowed me to network and eventually, find a job that I felt met my requirements. Luckily, after just a few job interviews, I was able to get hired. Normally I wouldn't bother to write a review, but considering how fast my fortunes turned around because of CareerConnect.com, I felt that I had to.  
fancynancy

Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:17 AM ( #5 )
I love CareerWizPro! I quit my job of 10 years back in October for another job. Unfortunately, that job didn’t work out. Apparently the grass wasn’t greener on the other side. I ended up quitting the new job because I thought finding another one in my field would be easy. I was actually wrong. I put in several applications, emailed HR departments, and documented every lead I contacted. Out of the employers I applied to, only one called me back and it turned out I wasn’t qualified. After a while I started getting worried; I started doubted my decision to leave my comfort zone of ten years. I didn’t realize how tough the job market was until I experienced it firsthand. There were so much competition in the job market; I had to look for alternative methods to help give me some kind of competitive advantage. That’s how I came across this website. CareerWizPro has really helped me with finding another job. I always thought I had a decent resume until I learned how to add "Power Verbs" and "Power Nouns". It’s amazing how much of a difference those words made. Employers only skim over resumes, so those key words really stick out to them. One interviewer even told me my resume was impressive. That was a first; Never heard that before. Another good tool that helped me was the cover letters. I always had a hard time writing the perfect one, so the ones I downloaded from the site really came in handy. The bottom line is I wouldn’t be sitting here in this cushy office right now if it wasn’t for Career Connected. Most people just do the bare minimum to get a job. They just print a resume, send it out, and expect their phones to start ringing off the hook. It’s 2015, and jobs are not as easy to get nowadays. If you want something, you have to go out and get it. Nothing comes to those who sit on their hands. So I would recommend anybody who’s looking for a REAL career with a quality company, get the CareerWizPro and utilize everything it has to offer. It works! :-)
JBlue

• Scores: 5
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:29 PM ( #6 )

For me, when it comes to careers in the legal field, there's nothing better than networking. Unfortunately it can be a challenge when you move to a new city. The Career Cafe has helped me because it's given me a clear picture of the businesses I'd like to develop relationships with and those I'd like to stay away from. Being able to talk to real people and hear their experiences has made me a stronger candidate. It's very refreshing to know I am not the only one who has ever bombed an interview. It's encouraging to see that people do recover. 
Career Cafe's Career Blog has has prepared me for interviews like never before. The personal cover letter I designed with their help has generated more replies than ever before. My resume is more crisp and clean than ever. I have access to tons of professionals willing to assist me in my search. the interview preparation and personal development were critical in revising my approach to interviewing and strengthening areas in which I was weak. The Career Cafe has made me a better candidate while giving me the confidence I need to get out there and keep shooting for my dreams. In my opinion, It's the greatest search assistance tool on the market today.
<message edited by JBlue on Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:00 PM>
RLight

• Scores: 5
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:17 PM ( #7 )
Before finding CareerWizPro's Resume Distribution service, I was lost. It took hours upon hours to go through all of the available jobs. I was faxing my resume using a free online fax service where I could only send five faxes a day. Progress was slow and my bills were piling up. Something had to give. So I signed up for the service and it was the best decision I ever made. Before long I had several interviews lined up and two companies got into a bidding war for me! I ended up with a 15% higher pay rate than I had anticipated. I can't say enough how pleased I am. It was definitely worth the investment!  
<message edited by RLight on Monday, January 19, 2015 10:45 AM>
GoodCitizen

• Scores: 4
Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:43 PM ( #8 )
Competition for jobs is more fierce than ever. I decided I needed to add some more things to my job seeker's "tool kit" to keep up. I tried a free Resume Builder app available to members on the career networking site www.careerconnected.com. Adding the Resume Builder was a great solution for me. The system is multifaceted in it's ability to assist me in seeking a job. The tips and tricks were almost overwhelming at first, but I saw progress as soon as I started incorporating them into my profile and my overall job hunt. I have been better able to narrow down positions that are perfect for me and get them a professional resume that highlights my strengths. I am not lost in a sea of want ads every Sunday! 
The e-book had a lot of great information about resumes as well. With Resume Builder, they have cutting edge approaches to the age old issue of job hunting. I feel like I stand out better to employers because my information has been presented in the most professional, advanced, way. Resume Builder knows what employers want and it shows in the responses I get from my submissions.
I used to feel like I had no time to spend with family and friends because the job market had become so competitive. I felt like any time I didn't spend searching for a better opportunity would hurt my family in the long run. Now, I know that my resume is being distributed to the best possible employers which is working smarter, not harder. I don't have to feel guilty about spending time with my family because I know that I am constantly in the best position to move on up the ladder of my career.
ATCareer1200

Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Saturday, January 17, 2015 9:14 PM ( #9 )
I recently lost my job a few months ago and had tried several career sites(Careerbuilder, indeed, monster). Unlike a lot of these sites that just had me fill out all of my info and then send me random job leads through search agents using careerwizpro really helped me optimize my job search. The form for the career outline line is way more detailed and I was able to see which jobs were a good fit based on the online reviews/ratings. After applying for jobs I was able to email the hiring managers directly. I received a few emails from two recruiters and recently expected an offer from a posting I found of the job board. 

Now I would just like to see CareerConnected add a salary comparison feature. That would be pretty sweet!
PBrown4567

• Scores: 0
Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:34 PM ( #10 )
Great Career Transition Tool. This online app has a lot to offer for price! Would definitely recommend.
CGibsonIntheHouse

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:38 PM ( #11 )

Easy to use and cuts your employment search time in half. Good for someone that does not have a lot of computer knowledge. The number of companies that you can have access to is unheard of!!

RolackServices

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:45 PM ( #12 )

This product provides job seekers with the ability to do job searching from anywhere and at anytime from their laptop or workstation!

RocourtConsulting46

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:50 PM ( #13 )
I feel that the key groups that will benefit the most from using this online application suite are recent graduates, laid off employees and individuals looking to relocate. This application covers a vast geographical area and is easy to use by automating all of the steps for you!
MLockhear790

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:57 PM ( #14 )

Given the minimum amount of guidance and assistance displaced workers are offered by their employer this tool proves to be very useful.

TropicalSteve

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:34 PM ( #15 )
During a job search I find that the Corporate Career Directory is an invaluable tool that enables me to self-direct my job hunting campaign independently with amazing results! It gives me inside information on entry level employers as well as a corporate career directory so I can map out where I am and where I want to be. Their online app enables me to rate every career site that I visit. I can also view how other members have rated the same career site as well. I can post my comments on great sites or poorly structured site with little career info of value. I can also read comments from other members too. I find that this is extremely helpful when I make my decision on how much time investment I make on a company's career site. I can also assess if they are posting internal job listings that fit my career vision. This app also help me track my conversations and contacts so I know where I am positioned with each company and job opportunity. CareerConnected.com is by far the best employer search on the internet today. They have cut my career search time in half at least. I have easy access to who's hiring and who has the best benefits and salaries. I will never go back to the old way of job hunting again.
<message edited by TropicalSteve on Monday, January 19, 2015 10:18 AM>
ambition5

• Reward points : 5
Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:56 AM ( #16 )
The commonly-used job search sites do a decent job of having job positions available, but it's their organization that leaves a lot to be desired. CareerConnected.com fortunately has a great number of Corporate Career Directories that do a grew job of organizing all of these positions, as well as bringing to light companies that would be beneficial to work for, even if they're not actively offering any job positions. In particular, I found the Top 500 Companies by State sub-directory quite useful. Many of the listings that I generally come across list the top companies to work for, but they do it nationwide, rather than being state-specific. This was useful because it allowed me to see what the best companies were in my particular state, and each company had an Organizational Profile that I could view. Through viewing the ability to view and share experiences with the community on CareerConnected.com, I was able to find job opportunities with a few of these companies that weren't published. It also allowed me to discover the salary levels that I could expect. I was happy that my active job search was actually netting me results, rather than just exposing me to dead ends as I have experienced with other sites. This is what makes CareerConnected.com stand out!  
amandabeaulieu

Re:Career changes, job transitions, resume advise, and interview tips... - Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:09 AM ( #17 )
I’m so happy to have found careerconnected.com! It’s helping me tremendously in my quest to find a good job. The features on this site are not like others and I find myself spending more time really thinking about not just getting a good job but a job that is more suited for me, one that is actually more of a good fit. I think sometimes we can get so caught up in the search that we forget to follow our dreams and passions.

Careerconnected.com’s unique features are like none I’ve seen on any other big career site. It has helped me to hone in on my story and quest. For example, in the CareerWizPro section, the focus is on helping you to plan, promote and communicate. The Communications section, in particular, has been significant because it has helped me to create a strong position statement and write a powerful and effective accomplishment story. This site is truly helping me to define (and find) the career of my dreams and I happily recommend it to all and anyone seeking employment!
Stalmcdonald

Re:What are people saying about CareerConnected's resume support packages? - Friday, January 23, 2015 1:57 AM ( #18 )
This is so helpful. I'm a student set to graduate February 6th and CareerConnected has really helped me get ready to transition to job hunting. I can't wait to use my new skills out in the work force.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread